Cogent Data Analytics recently made important updates to our Health Data Analyser. We have integrated additional data sets and added some new features to improve the user experience. Below is the list of updates.
- Health risk factors have been updated to latest data from the 2014 -15 Australian Health Survey
- Alcohol risk definition has been changed from ‘consuming alcohol at levels considered to be a high risk to health’ to ‘consumed more than two standard alcoholic drinks per day on average’ (in line with the 2014-15 survey definition)
- ‘Hypertensive disease’ has been removed from Chronic disease and a ‘high blood pressure’ is added to risk factors (in line with the 2014-15 survey definition)
- Four additional health factors have been added:
- having a profound or severe disability and living in the community
- musculoskeletal system diseases
- hospital admissions due to injury
- pop up now displays to show the following:
- Factor selected and ASR (Age Standardised Rate)
- UHI (Urban Health Index) if applicable
- IRSD (Index of Relative Socio-economic Disadvantage)
- Source(s) of data
- Improvements to servers have increased the processing speed of the HDA web version
The Health Data Analyser provides quick visualisation of big health data sets. Moreover, users have the ability to see the relationship between multiple health factors through our integration of the Urban Health Index. Save time and resources by having the information ready for analysis, rather than spending time preparing the information!
The system includes the capability to add user-supplied datasets to apply the same visualisation and analysis.
You can contact our team to organise a demo for your organisation.